Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My name is url

February 14 - and yes, it can be revealed, I love the internet. What else would you expect the champion of all things online at Bournemouth Media School to say?! But before I go all Mariah Carey on you and start talking about kittens and what I had for breakfast (there are 27m other blogs out there where you can get that stuff) I need to tell you something - and it's not very romantic.

You see, there are four of us in this relationship - print, TV, radio, online. Call it convergence, the integrated newsroom or multi-media (whatever rings your bell). It doesn't matter what your orientation is, bi-, tri- or Channel 5, or if your first love is print or the net. If you want a job in journalism (and that is the first question all students ask me) get with the programme, or at least on to a decent course - shameless plug for BA and MA courses at Bournemouth Media School. And whatever you do, don't refer to a past lover as 'dead wood', it's not very nice and might cut your chances of future employment.

My blog promise: keep everyone up to date with what I am teaching and learning at BMS, links to the online journalism debate and links to good journalism both within and without (if you detect an FT bias, I'm allowed, I work there and it's only fair since the editor allowed me to go off desk to do this gig). I also want to hear what you think - so post at will. And send me your urls - I want to read your stuff. If you are a bit old media and don't know how to do this - please see me! Or else e-mail me at lrohumaa@bournemouth.ac.uk and then I can hunt you down...

In the meantime, and since it is St Valentine's Day, allow me a Mariah moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging at last!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home